Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kannanAhammed
Helper IV
Helper IV

Slicer is not working for certain visualizations

I have many independent tables but are conneted to "1 to many" relationsip with a master table. 

I have added a field from this master table as the slider field. it works fine for most visulizations except 2, I have added same field with values on both dataset associated with the 2 visualizations  and set relationship as 1 to many.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @kannanAhammed ,

The information is not sufficient to answer your question.

Please share some screesnhots on your data model relationships, the visuals and how slicers are behaving.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

If possible can you please share some screenshot on which visuals problems are occuring.

Also if possible share the screenshot of your Data Model? 

Dimensions can Filter data of tables where they are directly connected to. If any table which is indirectly connected to Dimension will not be filtered unless you use explicit Cross Filter or create measure to use Cross filters.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi All, Thanks for the Responce.

please see the data model the RFS number of EMROther has 1 to many relationship with RFS number of other tables.

Please see the data model

kannanAhammed_0-1597744952718.png

the one which has this all the visuals other than 

Any Filters from "MER" will not change "HSE Assesment" & "Top Quality"

Similarly  "HSE Assesment" wont change "MER" & "Top Quality" & Vice versa

If you see the direction of arrows you will see the that when you made selection of field it will impact on which side, if you are selecting MER field then it will not have any impact on "MEROhter" table unless you use filter from MEROther that will impact on MER table.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @kannanAhammed ,

This looks more like a data issue to me as one you select BLANK on your filter, the visuals reflect the changes.

Try replacing BLANK values in the column used as a slicer, with some value like "Not Mapped", "Not Available", etc.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Yes it was a data issue i ve changed it, now its working. 

Hi @kannanAhammed ,

If this is a data issue thing and it resolved your problem by modifying your data, please mark this right comment as an answer to the thread. This will just help others to see the right solution.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi @kannanAhammed ,

In addition to your data model relationship screesnhot, can you add your visuals screenshots as well along with what slicers are used and how they are behaving?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kannanAhammed , hope interactions are not off
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

You have not used all into the formula used in those visuals

calculate([Measure], all(Table))

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @kannanAhammed ,

The information is not sufficient to answer your question.

Please share some screesnhots on your data model relationships, the visuals and how slicers are behaving.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.