Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danielcontente
Helper II
Helper II

Slicer interacting with other visuals - strange behavior

Hi, 

I have a matrix table next to another, and the slicer of one of them is automatically affecting the other table.

I have edited interaction and tried it all, but it doesn't work. I even deleted the slicer, but the matrix table is still being filtered.

Is this a bug? Have someone experienced something similar?

10 REPLIES 10
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danielcontente ,

Sorry, I can't download the file you provided. The link seems to have expired.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@danielcontente I'm looking at your file, not sure what the issue is, what result you are expecting, and what you are getting if you can provide bit more context, it will help.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

speedramps
Super User
Super User

Thanks for then screen print but it is not helpful.

You have unlined “Lead created date” but that is just a heading.

Whereas you circled the filter which shows "createddate".

We only have your word they are the same thing.

Please share the PBIX if you want help or try my earlier suggestion.

speedramps
Super User
Super User

Hi Daniel

It is more likely to be a user error than a bug.

Try add a new report tab and build your matrix from scratch.

Click on view > sync slicers and check that slicers from one page do no infleunce another.

Click on the filters pane and chck there are no filters applied to all pages.

You can then be certain there are no filters or slicers.

If your matrix still returns the wrong answer then the problem lies with your measures.

Good luck ! Hope you spot the fault.
If you need more help copy the PBOC to Onedrive or Dropbox, gibe it public access and share the link here so we can look at it.

Hi, 

Thanks.

I have done it, and when I copy and past the sam matrix in a new tab, it return the right values.

The issue is with the particular page/tab.

Glad to hear that  when you copy and paste the same matrix in a new tab, it return the right values.

Start copying each other visual one by one and until the results change, which will pin point your problem. If it works then delete the old tab and move on, Sorry there is not much else I can do to help without a PBIX.

i have shared the link in the other comment.

this is it. it contains the PBIX file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XoxtsLAEdbnhFumyFeaL5etR4sHv379y/view?usp=sharing

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@danielcontente it should not happen. You can share screenshots of the issue that you are facing. If possible to share pbix file, do share without any confidential data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.