Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Michaela_Onu
Employee
Employee

Slicer incorrectly chooses both filter fields

Hi all, 

I have a problem with my Hierarchy slicer. I have triple-checked the mapping and it's 100 % correct, all the other Hierarchy slicers work fine. This one, however, ticks both categories even though I tick only one. 

Imagine I have two options, A and B. Under A, there is A1 and A2, under B, there is B1 and B2. If I want to tick A, both A and B get selected automatically. If I tick B, only B gets selected. I have disabled single selection and if I unselect B, only A is showing as desired. But when the filter is empty and I want to click A, B gets selected as well. I tried ticking the subcategories and they work fine - if I start by ticking A1 and A2, I only get A selected, same goes for B subcategories. 

Does anyone have any idea as to what is causing this issue? 

Thank you. 

TL;DR: If I tick A, both categories get selected (as illustrated in the picture), mapping is correct. 
Hierarchy slicer.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Michaela_Onu
Employee
Employee

Just to close the issue, I ended up deleting the connecting table, re-uploaded it and re-established the connections. Guess I just got some kind of a bug that was fixed by re-doing everything. This btw happened after I changed the filter from single selection to multiple selection, it worked fine before. None of the other filters were affected. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Michaela_Onu
Employee
Employee

Just to close the issue, I ended up deleting the connecting table, re-uploaded it and re-established the connections. Guess I just got some kind of a bug that was fixed by re-doing everything. This btw happened after I changed the filter from single selection to multiple selection, it worked fine before. None of the other filters were affected. 

rajulshah
Super User
Super User

Hello @Michaela_Onu,

Can you please share the pbix file so that I can validate what is going on?

Hi @rajulshah, thanks a lot for reaching out to me. However, the file contains sensitive company data so unfortunately I cannot share it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.