Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Michaela_Onu Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Slicer incorrectly chooses both filter fields

Hi all, 

I have a problem with my Hierarchy slicer. I have triple-checked the mapping and it's 100 % correct, all the other Hierarchy slicers work fine. This one, however, ticks both categories even though I tick only one. 

Imagine I have two options, A and B. Under A, there is A1 and A2, under B, there is B1 and B2. If I want to tick A, both A and B get selected automatically. If I tick B, only B gets selected. I have disabled single selection and if I unselect B, only A is showing as desired. But when the filter is empty and I want to click A, B gets selected as well. I tried ticking the subcategories and they work fine - if I start by ticking A1 and A2, I only get A selected, same goes for B subcategories. 

Does anyone have any idea as to what is causing this issue? 

Thank you. 

TL;DR: If I tick A, both categories get selected (as illustrated in the picture), mapping is correct. 
Hierarchy slicer.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Slicer incorrectly chooses both filter fields

Just to close the issue, I ended up deleting the connecting table, re-uploaded it and re-established the connections. Guess I just got some kind of a bug that was fixed by re-doing everything. This btw happened after I changed the filter from single selection to multiple selection, it worked fine before. None of the other filters were affected. 

3 REPLIES 3
rajulshah Member

Hello @Michaela_Onu,

Can you please share the pbix file so that I can validate what is going on?

Frequent Visitor

Hi @rajulshah, thanks a lot for reaching out to me. However, the file contains sensitive company data so unfortunately I cannot share it. 

Frequent Visitor

Just to close the issue, I ended up deleting the connecting table, re-uploaded it and re-established the connections. Guess I just got some kind of a bug that was fixed by re-doing everything. This btw happened after I changed the filter from single selection to multiple selection, it worked fine before. None of the other filters were affected. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 292 members 3,191 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: