Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ngadiez
Helper II
Helper II

Slicer inclusive of smaller value

I have a column in my data named 'Duration' which is basically 'Termination Date' column minus 'Beginning Date' column.

I have another column named 'Duration within' where I can get the duration within how many years. 

Now I can only get 0-1 years, 1-2 years, 2-3 years, and so on.

How to get 0-1 years, 0-2 years, 0-3 years and so on?

Because I want to make this as a slicer for the dashboard.

I know we can just multiple select for the slicer to get what I want. However, that is not the case, because I have a filter inside the data that filter based on the duration of the item.

Or

Is there any way that I can do slicer that filter the original data at the power query level?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ngadiez,

I can understand that you have a data table containing four columns ([Termination Date], [Beginning Date], [Duration], [Duration within]), then, you add [Duration within] into a slicer. 

However, what do you mean 'have a filter inside the data that filter based on the duration of the item'? What is the filter? What is your desired output? Please share the screenshot of your report design and your expected result so that I can test for you.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

What I am trying to achieve is to get a slicer where the user can select it. 

I have found another way, but stuck with the measure problem.

Here is the link

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Measure-value-is-not-right/m-p/157032#U157032

Thank you.

Hi @ngadiez,

I have read the thread from the link you provided. So, have you met your requirement now? If you still have any concern, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.