Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BB
Regular Visitor

Slicer includes values 'unknown' member

SSAS live connection Slicer includes values 'unknown' member even thought the  "unknown" member set to "hidden" at dimention  level

4 REPLIES 4
mihart
Employee
Employee

@BB

I only have an after-the-fact solution so if you can't get it to work on the SSAS side, here's what yuo can do in Power BI.

You can hide that in the report editor.  The filter will be applied to all visuals on the page tho, so make sure you want to hide from ALL visuals.

1. select the slicer

2. in the visualizations and FIlters pane, drag the Field used in your slicer to the "Page level filters"

3. Select the arrow to open the filer and select all the values EXCEPT the one you want to hide (unknown).

HTH

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BB,

I can't reproduce your issue based on your description, can you share us some detail information about this issue?(e.g. screenshots, detail steps...etc)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin_Sheng,

TBD.jpgI am using Power BI to connect to AS - MD.  at the dimension level the nulls are suppressed, they don’t appear in MD browser (or when browsed in excel) but I null appears when connected to PBI - Slicers. I have tried using the slicer as other visual and applying visual filter to 'is not blank'  and then reverting back to slicer but it does not work. Thanks

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BB.

I haven't find a way to remove the empty member at live connection mode,perhaps you can take a look at below thread:

SLICERS -> blank value

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.