Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SebastianLM
Helper I
Helper I

Slicer ignoring filters

Hello guys,

I'm starting with Power BI and I've seen a lot of posts related to this but using measures and what I need is a calculated column (or a measure that acts like a calculated column).

How can I make a slicer ignores all the active filters in the report? I need this in order to add a dynamic legend to a line chart. Below I describe how I have my report so far.

The blue highlighted slicer is the one I used to assign the legend to the line chart (as you can see in the DAX in red), I need an additional slicer (the green one), no matters if it use the same column (if that is possible) or a new one, that can shows all the data although the blue one is filtered.

Why I need this, because the blue one should filter some things in the report and the green one should act like the dynamic legend selector ignoring the filters applied in the blue one.

Thanks a LOT in advanced!

ALL()SLICERS.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SebastianLM,

Based on my test, I am afraid you could not use the two same slicers to filter different value in one visual, but I suggest you to switch the "Single Select" off and you could select multiple options in one slicer and show in the same value.
1.PNG

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SebastianLM Use edit interactions to control which item gets filtered and which does not.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.