Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bananakingchiu
Regular Visitor

Slicer grouping

Hello everyone, i am a new user of power BI. Just find out some problem cannot solve.

I would like to group some number with the same number in different group for filter in Slicer.

Here is the example.

Group A : 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Group B : 5,6,7,8,9,10

Group A is all number and Group B is only greater than or equal to 5.

Does any method can solve my problem?

Thank you so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sample attached to give you an idea.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
NhiLe297
Frequent Visitor

Hi @parry2k 

I need urgent help as well. For slicer.

For example, the above Grade example, what if there is a 3rd Grouping beside 0-100 and 50-100 but this one won't expand into further check-boxes, how do I create this 3rd box? Thank you!

bananakingchiu
Regular Visitor

Dear Team , i need your urgnet help.

Thank you so much!!!

@bananakingchiuwhat is the objective of grouping these numbers?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

@parry2k

i am calculating some score.
i want to use a slicer to filter out people who are greater than 50 marks.

And i want to see the overall performance.

So there two group i need.

One is all score, second is greater than 50 marks.

So 0-100 mark

Group A: 0-100 mark

Group B: >=50 marks(50-100)

Thank you so much

ok, so you have sample data you can share to get this going.

@parry2k

I want the Slicer only have two options.

1) All score (0-100)

2)Higher than 50% (50-100)

because there some nuumber overlap two of group, so i don't have any idea to do it.

Thank you

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

sample attached to give you an idea.

@parry2k

Thank you so much for your help.Smiley Wink

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.