Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

procyon82
Resolver I
Resolver I

Slicer for two queries

Hi,

A while ago I asked how I could remove outliers from my sales data to show 'truer' averages. The solution was to create a new query which works great.

How do I, however, use one date slicer now on a page that shows avg. revenue (query 1) and total revenue (query 2). Either query doesn't recognize the other's date columns as the tables are not linked. It tells me: you can't create a relationship between these two columns because one of the columns must have unique values.

4 REPLIES 4
procyon82
Resolver I
Resolver I

I think I know why. I have transaction ids which are supposed to be unique, but a few are just zero. 

How can I fix this? I'm importing the numbers from Google Analytics.

So if I understand your post; you are importing data that has a conflict flaw in the ID field of multiple 0s.

Call the imported table 1.  You would want to create a 'Table 1 Clean'. 

In the data view on the left frame, and in the Modeling tab in the ribbon you select the New Table option which will offer you then an expression field just below the ribbon.  Here is where you would define your new table:

Table 1 Clean = FILTER(Table1,Table1[ID]>0)

press enter and it gets created.  Everytime you refresh your data source this will fire. 

www.CahabaData.com

Would that filter out transactions that are tied to the invalid ID?

in Table 1 Clean there would be no record where the ID = 0

in another table - let's say Table 2 - that record is still there - but of course it has nothing to join to in Table 1 Clean so it would depend on your method of looking at the data.  It is still seen unless your expression is to only show data that matches Table 1 Clean.

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.