Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer filtering based on selection and report interactions

Hi Team,

I have come across an issue where I couldnt able to resolve . I have explained the problem in detail .Please look into it and help me in resolving the issue. 

I have two tables in Report page as shown in screen shot . Also I have 2 slicers based on Attributes and Values columns in Query . If I select "Hardware Management controller" as a value in Slicer ,it is showing data in one table and an empty records in other table which is absolutely correct. However, Once I select some value in other slicer(Value) , it should select values in respective table and associated values in other table.  I couldnt able to edit the interactions in the required way.  Please help me in fixing this issue. 

Report page.PNG

How I want is ?  It is not happening because this is just one query . 

Post filtering.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

Normally, if you filtered with two slicer, the result will be the filtered value based on the two slicers. So when you select "Hardware Management controller" as a value in Slicer, it will show the value based on this selection, when you select another option in Value slicer, it will be filtered the value based on your first selection.

I have a little confused about your scenario.

So what is your desired output for slicers? If it is convenient, could you share the data model which could reproduce your scenario and your desired output so that we could help further on it?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cherry,

Thanks for replying . I have attached the data model of my report . In each of those 3 main tables on top(HMC,Managed Systems and Servers/LAPRs) , Columns called Value and Attribute are combined from this 3 tables and used as a slicers . 2 tables are created using a DAX formulae to combine them .  See below . 

Data Model.PNG

Table =
DISTINCT (
UNION (
SELECTCOLUMNS ( 'HMC', "Attribute",HMC[Attribute]),
SELECTCOLUMNS ( 'Managed Systems', "Attribute",'Managed Systems'[Attribute] ),
SELECTCOLUMNS ( 'Servers/LPARs', "Attribute",'Servers/LPARs'[Attribute] )
))

Table1 =
DISTINCT (
UNION (
SELECTCOLUMNS ( 'HMC', "Value",HMC[Value]),
SELECTCOLUMNS ( 'Managed Systems', "Value",'Managed Systems'[Value] ),
SELECTCOLUMNS ( 'Servers/LPARs', "Value",'Servers/LPARs'[Value] )
))

So this table and table1 are my slicers as shown in previous screen shots. 

Now, what I am trying to acheive is - When I select "Hardware Management controller" as value in slicer , it should show only first table . Now, When I select a value from second slicer that belongs to first table (Hardware Management controller) , that same value should be shown in first table and associated records in other 2 tables. 

This tables are associated to each other with the help of this Managed Systems table which is in center. 

Hopefully this information helps . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can some one help me on this please ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.