Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

trinathreddy
Frequent Visitor

Slicer filter another slicer-SSAS Live Connection

Hi,

I am Using SSAS Live Connection Power BI Desktop. I Have company as one dimension and Country-Terriroty in another Dimension. At the Cube level, Companyand COuntry are related.

Proof to Say that these are related:

When I browse the cube and drag the fields, all the countires are displayed according to Company as show below

Company      Terriroty     Country

1                       A                X

1                       A                Y

1                       C                 Z

2                       D                W

But when I create 2 slicers (One for Company and second for Country), they are not dependent. When I select Company, Country items in the slicer are not filtered accordingly. 

Can some one please help me out??

Thanks in Advance !

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@trinathreddy

In Power BI, only direct relationship between two tables can make the slicers cascading filter each other. In this secnario, the country and company have "many to many" relationship which might be described in a fact table only. So if you filter company dimension member, the country dimension member slicer will not be filtered.

8.PNG

9.PNG

99.PNG

In this scenario, you should create a intermediate table like a fact dimension in your cube, use the country and company members in this fact dimension as slicers.

7.PNG

Regards,

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, this doesnt solve my problem. I am conencting over live connection. 

I have country and company in different dimensions already created in the cube. When I browse in the cube, the company and country are aligned accordingly as per the regions. But when I create two seprarate filters in Power BI and try to select any one item from the company, the country slicer items doesnt change. 

Can you please let me know why?

So... this doesn´t have solution?? Smiley Sad

I have the same issue. Woman Frustrated

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.