Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer dropdown opens upward

Hi! Why does the dropdown in the slicer opens upward sometimes? Can I set it to always open downward?

dropdown slicer.png

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

By my test both on the Power BI Desktop Version June 2018 and July 2018, it seems that there is no option for us to set the dropdown Slicer always to be downward.

However, I found that if you create a dropdown Slicer on the top half of the page, it will show downward. If you create a dropdown Slicer on the bottom half of the page, it will show upward.

Untitled.png

So, for your requirement, you could always put your Dropdown Slicer on the top of the report page.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

By my test both on the Power BI Desktop Version June 2018 and July 2018, it seems that there is no option for us to set the dropdown Slicer always to be downward.

However, I found that if you create a dropdown Slicer on the top half of the page, it will show downward. If you create a dropdown Slicer on the bottom half of the page, it will show upward.

Untitled.png

So, for your requirement, you could always put your Dropdown Slicer on the top of the report page.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.