Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer: dropdown disappears when moving mouse to pick value

Hello.

When I try to pick a value from the dropdown of a slicer the dropdown disappears. The behaviour is shown here. This happens both in the desktop file and in a published app. Is this a known bug? How can I fix this?

8 REPLIES 8
rebecca_allison
Frequent Visitor

You need to "select" the Box of the slicer by first clicking either on the Title of your slicer or by clicking the empty space around your slicer's selected "box" area. Then the dropdown will not disappear when you click on the dropdown arrow. 

It seems like a bug - because what *should* happen is not happening - that by clicking the dropdown arrow, you in turn, select the entire "box"/slicer so that when you go to select your option - it stays put.

This is my workaround - though it seems to be a bug. 

Skotko
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Bate,

I had a similar problem and after trying to figure out a font/text size fix for items and headers, I couldn't fit the info into the space I had available.  My solution was to turn off the "Slicer Header" and instead use "Title".  By doing this I was able to keep the font/size the same as I had before, and this disappearing drop-down list issue no longer happened.

So not a perfectly theorhetical solution, but practcial at least 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

If we use Title instead of Header we can solve the problem of items diseppears, BUT we'll lose the clear selection icon and the choice between list and dropdown !!🤔

slicer.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

I have this issue and have spent quite a bit of time testing this today and yesterday. It seems to be due to the size of the text in the title and options, when the size of either is reduced from the default the list disappears but when left as default it works fine. Changing the font family does not seem to affect this just the size. I don't have a solution but thought I would share.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

The latest version of Power BI Desktop seems to work for me.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Overlapping slicers? It looks like you have 2 slicers there

Anonymous
Not applicable

So you think it is because the dropdown will cover another slicer? It seems that moving the slicers around may fix this. But I have several examples where the dropdown covers another slicer and this does not happen, so it is not the whole story. I would like to be able to place the slicers so densely that the dropdown might cover another slicer. That is after all the point of the dropdown meny.

Does anyone else have other ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What I have done is to also turn the slicer Title ON but have no content in it (blank) and Slicer header is also ON so that the eraser is still available.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.