Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TabathaN
Advocate II
Advocate II

Slicer drop down stays open

I don't know if this is a setting I need to change or a bug but I have many drop-down slicers on a page and after I click on one and click on another, the first drop down stays open. If I want it to go away I have to manually close it or click in a blank space on the page. This happens to me in both desktop and service. Is there a way to fix this so that when you click on the next slicer the first one automatically closes like it does in other applications? It's driving me bananas!

Photo shows me clicking on three difference slicers and each one stays open over the previous

slicer.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@TabathaN,

After you select values in the first slicer, do you click on the second slicer or directly click on the dropdown icon of the second slicer?
0.PNG

If you directly click on the whole second slicer, the first dropdown will close. However, if you directly click on  the dropdown icon of the second slicer, the first dropdown will not close.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@TabathaN,

I have confirmed this issue with PG and this behavior is by design.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@TabathaN,

After you select values in the first slicer, do you click on the second slicer or directly click on the dropdown icon of the second slicer?
0.PNG

If you directly click on the whole second slicer, the first dropdown will close. However, if you directly click on  the dropdown icon of the second slicer, the first dropdown will not close.

Regards,
Lydia

@v-yuezhe-msft

Is it intentionally designed like that or is this a bug? 

It doesn't make sense to have to click twice every time - once to close out old slicer then once to open new.

@TabathaN,

I have confirmed this issue with PG and this behavior is by design.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Confirmed or not, its bad design! 

@TabathaN,

I will consult it internally and post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.