Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arnault_
Resolver II
Resolver II

Slicer display settings

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the "slicer" visual. I have changed the default view to get the horizontal display. I have noticed than when I have two many values, some are not visible. A simple arrow appears on the left to allow the user to see these values. What I found annoying is that by default the values on the left are hidden and in my case the slicer is used to select different "years" which means the most recent years are not visible. I would prefer the most recent "year " to be visible and the less recent to be hidden. Is there a way to change that behaviour?

Here is a picture to illustrate. 2020 is hidden while I would like to see it by default and keep 2016 hidden. I don't want to change the size, the problem would remain the same in the future with more years.

Thank you for your answers.

slicer.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Greg_Deckler , you guess right. As explained in my initial message, I don't want to change the size. Anyway, no big deal, I will live with that and will probably find a workaround. I could create a slicer with "current year" value and publish my report with this default value selected. The users may change it but at least, it would be default selection for any new user.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User IV
Super User IV

@Arnault_ , On three dots , choose sort descending

Sort decending three dots.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @amitchandak ,

I have considered doing this, but it looks weird. I would like to keep the chronological order. I guess the settings of the slicer does not allow me to have both. Thanks anyway for your suggestion.

@Arnault_ Probably won't like this either but what about increasing the height? The values will wrap.

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @Greg_Deckler , you guess right. As explained in my initial message, I don't want to change the size. Anyway, no big deal, I will live with that and will probably find a workaround. I could create a slicer with "current year" value and publish my report with this default value selected. The users may change it but at least, it would be default selection for any new user.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Power BI Dev Camp - June 24th

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors