Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Arnault_
Resolver III
Resolver III

Slicer display settings

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the "slicer" visual. I have changed the default view to get the horizontal display. I have noticed than when I have two many values, some are not visible. A simple arrow appears on the left to allow the user to see these values. What I found annoying is that by default the values on the left are hidden and in my case the slicer is used to select different "years" which means the most recent years are not visible. I would prefer the most recent "year " to be visible and the less recent to be hidden. Is there a way to change that behaviour?

Here is a picture to illustrate. 2020 is hidden while I would like to see it by default and keep 2016 hidden. I don't want to change the size, the problem would remain the same in the future with more years.

Thank you for your answers.

slicer.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Greg_Deckler , you guess right. As explained in my initial message, I don't want to change the size. Anyway, no big deal, I will live with that and will probably find a workaround. I could create a slicer with "current year" value and publish my report with this default value selected. The users may change it but at least, it would be default selection for any new user.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Arnault_ , On three dots , choose sort descending

Sort decending three dots.png

Hi @amitchandak ,

I have considered doing this, but it looks weird. I would like to keep the chronological order. I guess the settings of the slicer does not allow me to have both. Thanks anyway for your suggestion.

@Arnault_ Probably won't like this either but what about increasing the height? The values will wrap.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi @Greg_Deckler , you guess right. As explained in my initial message, I don't want to change the size. Anyway, no big deal, I will live with that and will probably find a workaround. I could create a slicer with "current year" value and publish my report with this default value selected. The users may change it but at least, it would be default selection for any new user.

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.