Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shaileng
Frequent Visitor

Slicer default style gets resets

Hi,

Need some help on this weired thing :

I have 2 issues with my slicer :

1. I have 1 page with 1 slicer and 2 bookmarks. The slicer is a dropdown style date slicer. I have selected a date as a default slicer value. Somehow when a bookmark is switched the slicer style resets to lists (and not dropdown) and selects a default value of "All". I already have a selection mode not to all select all. 

2. The date dropdown is showing a list of possible dates. currently I have to select any date as a default value however ideally I want to default the most recent date (Max()) available in the list. I don't think it is supported but any workaround to achive this ? The measure also does not work with dropdown / slicer.

Thanks

Shailen

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @shaileng,

1. I believe that this issues is regarding the way you setup the bookmarks, If you make a bookmark and then change the formating or selection on your bookmark it will go back to the first status when you saved the bookmark you need to update the bookmark:

Bookmark.gif

You need to have attention to the way and when you save the bookmarks or things will go back to previous stiles and informations.

2. I also had a similar issue and the solution to always getting the latest date was to have the measures pointing to the max dates and then on the page / repor level filter add it by a relative slicer of calendar month and choosing X months before.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.