Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gbhagia

Slicer control not working in composite model

Hi all,

For one of our clients we have a composite model where some data is fetched using Direct Query from SQL server and some using Import Query from Excel.
We have a sample filter page build in power bi desktop which has two slicer controls for testing. One using data from Excel (import mode) and another using data from SQL Server (direct query mode), both tables are connected to each other with 1:1 relationship. When i select any value in slicer(Direct query) the other slicer (Import query) does not refresh. But when i select any value in slicer (Import mode) the values in the second slicer(Direct query) does refresh properly.

I have checked the relationships and it looks proper.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@gbhagia ,

I have made a test but couldn't reproduce your issue. The table from import can also filter table from direct query. Please check the the cross filter direction has been set to both as below:

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My direct query uses SQL Azure database. I tried using SQL server connection from my OnPremise version and it works fine. Did you check the scenario using SQL Azure database??

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.