cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slicer (between) doesn't filter out blanks when moving only max value

Hi all,

I was wondering if somebody would be able to help with this :

I have a table with many blanks cells in rows.

LWOLF_0-1605544036784.png

All of my slicers are set to 'between'. I need blank cells in rows

to stay in the table when filter isn't applied, but I want them to be excluded when I move only MAX value as per below.

This is what I get when I move 'Test Result 1' filter's max value to 25:

LWOLF_0-1605536594784.png

This is what I need: 

LWOLF_0-1605542667926.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@LWOLF 

There is a setting for the slicer that if you drag the slider to very left, it will should all values including blanks because power bi also considers other result columns with non zero values under each Patient number. If you only have result 1 in the visual, this should not happened. 

With multiple columns, to remove those blanks to only see the Result 1 (2-25), you can manually enter 1 as the minimum value or use the filter panel.

slicer and filter.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@amitchandak  Thank you for your quick response!

Basically let's say that I am filtering only 'Test Result 1' column. Users usually move only the MAX value (end of the slicer). I need to filter that table to show only patients with the 'Test Result 1' which has values in (no blanks).

@LWOLF 

There is a setting for the slicer that if you drag the slider to very left, it will should all values including blanks because power bi also considers other result columns with non zero values under each Patient number. If you only have result 1 in the visual, this should not happened. 

With multiple columns, to remove those blanks to only see the Result 1 (2-25), you can manually enter 1 as the minimum value or use the filter panel.

slicer and filter.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Super User IV
Super User IV

@LWOLF , there is nothing like a blank row here. So what exactly you want to remove or display

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite with Arun Ulag

Featured Session: Drive Data Culture with Power BI- Vision, Strategy & Roadmap. Register here https://myignite.microsoft.com #MSIgnite #PowerPlatform #Power BI ​

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors