Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LWOLF
Regular Visitor

Slicer (between) doesn't filter out blanks when moving only max value

Hi all,

I was wondering if somebody would be able to help with this :

I have a table with many blanks cells in rows.

LWOLF_0-1605544036784.png

All of my slicers are set to 'between'. I need blank cells in rows

to stay in the table when filter isn't applied, but I want them to be excluded when I move only MAX value as per below.

This is what I get when I move 'Test Result 1' filter's max value to 25:

LWOLF_0-1605536594784.png

This is what I need: 

LWOLF_0-1605542667926.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@LWOLF 

There is a setting for the slicer that if you drag the slider to very left, it will should all values including blanks because power bi also considers other result columns with non zero values under each Patient number. If you only have result 1 in the visual, this should not happened. 

With multiple columns, to remove those blanks to only see the Result 1 (2-25), you can manually enter 1 as the minimum value or use the filter panel.

slicer and filter.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LWOLF
Regular Visitor

@amitchandak  Thank you for your quick response!

Basically let's say that I am filtering only 'Test Result 1' column. Users usually move only the MAX value (end of the slicer). I need to filter that table to show only patients with the 'Test Result 1' which has values in (no blanks).

@LWOLF 

There is a setting for the slicer that if you drag the slider to very left, it will should all values including blanks because power bi also considers other result columns with non zero values under each Patient number. If you only have result 1 in the visual, this should not happened. 

With multiple columns, to remove those blanks to only see the Result 1 (2-25), you can manually enter 1 as the minimum value or use the filter panel.

slicer and filter.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LWOLF , there is nothing like a blank row here. So what exactly you want to remove or display

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.