Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer based on column names

Hi!

I have 6 caculkated columns in my Power BI report, called  Actuals, Cummulative Actual, Planned , Cummulative Planned, Forecast and cummulative Forecast. I have build a bar & line  chart based on these columns. Now I want to build a slicer /filter on this report so I can filter and see them individually and see the charts. Basically I want a slicer with three selection option "Actual", "Planned" and "Forecast" categories. Would reallyb appreciate if someone has done this and can help out.

Kind regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Anonymous , you have the above way, have multiple visual one above another and use bookmarks

https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

View solution in original post

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may create bookmarks for every slicer options, for references: Use bookmarks to share insights and build stories in Power BI , Dynamic Visuals using Buttons.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may create bookmarks for every slicer options, for references: Use bookmarks to share insights and build stories in Power BI , Dynamic Visuals using Buttons.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply but it does not seem to work with the suggestion in the link. The issue is my columns are calculated columns and I am just looking to get the column Names on the slicers so when I select individually , it doisplays the chart against that.

@Anonymous , you have the above way, have multiple visual one above another and use bookmarks

https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.