Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

timvanharen

Slicer Visualizations for dates no longer work with Quarter/Months and Days

Dear Power BI Community

The Issue:

With the new version of PowerBI (2.40.4554.421 64-bit ) it seems to be impossible to make an 'old school'  slicer with Months/Quarters and Days. 

What happends:

Once I make a slicer to access a date field like: 01-01-2016 I see the new date bar. There is a possibility to acces the old slicer field by left clicking on the arrow in the visualizations -> field option. However once I switch to Date Hierarchy I can only select 'year' and no longer access the Quarter, Month and Day options.

Even when i first make a table (they still do have the other date options) and I switch the visualization back to the slicer I still only have an option for years.

Workaround:

There is a possibility to add additional colomns to my dataset, however I prefer not to do so and work with the old slicer field options (and the new option too).

Older version reports still work with the slicers for Quarters/Months and Days.

Thank you in advance, 

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @timvanharen,

Based on my understanding, you need a slicer which can support the Hierarchy format data, right?

You can try to use "HierarchySlicer"(custom visual):

Power BI Custom Visual Gallery

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @timvanharen,

Based on my understanding, you need a slicer which can support the Hierarchy format data, right?

You can try to use "HierarchySlicer"(custom visual):

Power BI Custom Visual Gallery

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.