Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cworkman2015
Helper II
Helper II

Slicer Visual Slider doesn't work slide to the end

Can someone give me an idea as to why the slider on the slicer visual won't let me slide to the far right? If the slider is on one value, say year 2020, I have to move it to 2019 and then to the far right to capture 2021. 

Is this intentional or is it just another problem with slicer visuals being buggy?

Thanks,

Channing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@cworkman2015

When the start and end year overlap, you can only select the left tab (initial year). Logically you can't drag the start year later and then the final year.

Instead of dragging, you could simply click on the right side, which will move the Year-End tab to 2020.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @cworkman2015 ,

Can you share some screenshots on this please?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Pragati11,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Here's the screenshot: 

slider_visual.JPG

Hi @cworkman2015 ,

Is your DATE colmn in DD/MM/YYYY format?

Are you moving just the Year part of your date in the slider?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

I'm using the year field from the date hierarchy. It's in the format that was created by the calendar function. 

My expectation was to slide on year alone. It works from a filtering perspective. It's the slider that isn't responsive. 

Hi @cworkman2015 ,

When I am trying to do similar thing at my end, I am able to use the slider to the maximum value without taking it to a smaller value first and then doing it.

slider_1.gif

I don't see this issue at my end.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thank you for your example - are you able to do so with the default being set as the same value (for instance having them start at 2015, 2015) then moving them?

Hi @cworkman2015 ,

Yes I am able to do it that way as well.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hmm - well it's not working for me. I've deleted and recreated the visual multiple times. Same issue. 

Hi @cworkman2015 ,

What version of Power BI are you using? I am using the August 2020 update.

Also, can you share the GIF, so it is much clear to assess your issue?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Pragati,

I'm currently using the August 2020 update.

Here's the gif:

slider_issue.gif

Thank you for your commitment to helping me!

Hi @cworkman2015 ,

This seems to be very weird issue which I am not facing at my end.

You will have to share your pbix file (remove any sensitive information) so that we can check it.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Here's an example file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjc2hzqkexo6x9t/Date%20Slider%20Example.pbix?dl=0

I'm still experiencing the same issue. Can't drag right unless I drag left first.

Thank you,

Channing

@cworkman2015

When the start and end year overlap, you can only select the left tab (initial year). Logically you can't drag the start year later and then the final year.

Instead of dragging, you could simply click on the right side, which will move the Year-End tab to 2020.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

I see - I will inform my users. Thank you.

@cworkman2015 

Can you create a sample pbix and share that, you can upload pbix to for example Onedrive for business and share the link.

I cannot reproduce that issue, and wondering why is that happennned.

Regards
Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.