Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mariliafredini

Slicer - Using a values in table to slice visuals

Hello,

I have table that shows the genres associated with a movie (i.e Drama, Terror, Comedy). The movies have multiple genres associated with. I would like to slice my visuals using one main Genre. I.E. All Comedy Movies. I have created a table within Power BI Desktop with all the genres. Then, I created a relationship between this table and the one with all the movie's records. Then I createad a Slicer using the values of the new table, and it filters the movies. But only the ones that have only one value for genre.

Can anyone help me how can I use the slicer to filter the lines that contains the genre, rather than the lines that are equal to the genre?

Thank you!

relationshiprelationshipfilteredfilteredall valuesall values

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-anabat
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I have created a sample file with the details you provided. 

Please check if this works for you.

From the sample data you provided I have noticed there is delimter which seperating each Genere.

So, I have split this column based on Comma delimeter and created another table which acts as a dimension table for your slicer.

Related these 2 tables based on Movie name.

-------------

Another possible solution is you can duplicate the filed and unpivot it and use that Genere filed for slicer.

Solution1:

Answers1.1.PNG

Answers1.2.PNGAnswers1.3.PNG

Solution2:

Answer2.PNG

Regards,

Ananth

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-anabat
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I have created a sample file with the details you provided. 

Please check if this works for you.

From the sample data you provided I have noticed there is delimter which seperating each Genere.

So, I have split this column based on Comma delimeter and created another table which acts as a dimension table for your slicer.

Related these 2 tables based on Movie name.

-------------

Another possible solution is you can duplicate the filed and unpivot it and use that Genere filed for slicer.

Solution1:

Answers1.1.PNG

Answers1.2.PNGAnswers1.3.PNG

Solution2:

Answer2.PNG

Regards,

Ananth

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.