Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

obemo

Slicer: Single value in several groups

Hey all, 

I have a slicer with 3 options - Blank, <100 and >100. 

If <100 is chosen I want the table to show me the records for both Blank and <100. 
And for >100 I want both Blank and >100. 

This could be done by grouping the values, if it weren't for the values disappearing from the selectable values when already grouped. 

Any ideas for another solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @obemo,

The slicer is used to filter the row in table. If you want to get the same Blank records when you choose <100 or >100, we are not able to achieve it. The different values in slicer will filter different records. For your requirement, you’d better create a calculated column to identify the value, then select it in slicer. I try to reproduce your scenario and get the expected result.

I create the sample data table.

1.PNG

Create a calculated column using the formula and get the result shown in screenshot below.

Signal = IF(Test[Value]>=100,">=100",IF(ISBLANK(Test[Value]),"Blank","<100"))

2.PNG

Create a slicer using the “Signal” field, create a table using “Value” field. If <100 is chosen, the table shows the records less than 100. And for >=100,  it return all the records greater than and equal to 100. And for blank, it displays all the blank records. 

3.png  4.PNG

If you have any other issue, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
silpai
Frequent Visitor

I have a similar issue. I want to group same provinces  into multiple regions and also see their results individually so I can use a single filter.

Province Column - New Brunswick, Nova Scotia,  St. John's and PEI

Groups:

Maritimes = New Brunswick/ Nova Scotia/ PEI

Atlantic=New Brunswick/ Nova Scotia/  St. John's/PEI

New Brunswick

Nova Scotia

St. John's

PEI

How do I create this custom query??

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @obemo,

The slicer is used to filter the row in table. If you want to get the same Blank records when you choose <100 or >100, we are not able to achieve it. The different values in slicer will filter different records. For your requirement, you’d better create a calculated column to identify the value, then select it in slicer. I try to reproduce your scenario and get the expected result.

I create the sample data table.

1.PNG

Create a calculated column using the formula and get the result shown in screenshot below.

Signal = IF(Test[Value]>=100,">=100",IF(ISBLANK(Test[Value]),"Blank","<100"))

2.PNG

Create a slicer using the “Signal” field, create a table using “Value” field. If <100 is chosen, the table shows the records less than 100. And for >=100,  it return all the records greater than and equal to 100. And for blank, it displays all the blank records. 

3.png  4.PNG

If you have any other issue, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Multi-select in the slicer?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.