Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

deepu299
Advocate V
Advocate V

Slicer Single Select is defaulting a value

I have turned on "Single Select" for my YYYYMM slicer. The issue is, it is defaulting to the first available value, so I have sorted it descending and published the model. When published, the default value was 201902. When new months are available, I presumed that the selection will be still defaulting to first value which I thought will be 201903 and after a months it will be 201904. But this is not happening. The slicer selection is always showing 201902. 

Is there a way to have the slicer select the newest value? I am also Ok having it with No Selection. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @deepu299 ,

AFAIK, power bi not support to setting default value of slicer.

For single selection mode, it will force to choose first one as current selection. I haven't found any option not setting default value and make it dynamic. Maybe you can consider to set up bookmark to control default selections items.

Use bookmarks to share insights and build stories in Power BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-shex-msft  You probably didn't get full context of my question or I am not following about using bookmarks. The values I need every month doesn't exist, for example 2019-07 will not be part of data set until we are in July 1st 2019. If I defaults it to 2019-06 today, How do I use bookmarks to default the slicer to the new value (2019-07)? I understood that this is not possible, please confirm again.

HI @deepu299 ,

Please write a measure with today function to compare current row contents and return flag, you can use this measure on visual level filter and save as bookmark.
This measure who save to bookmarks will changes if data model refreshed.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.