Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pxg08680
Resolver III
Resolver III

Slicer Selections

Hello Everyone,

Not sure about this, Is it possible to apply visual level filter to a slicer visual...?

For example my sclier has month column and I would like to have only few months like Jan,Mar,Apr,May,Dec. Can I use visual level filter over here or do any other things.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@pxg08680 I think you have two options here:

Option 1 ->  Create two new calculated table and use slicer from there.

Option 2 -> Add two new calculated field in your table like below but this will give one blank row for each slicer

Slicer 1 = if(Table1[Range]="3M AVG", Table1[Range], "")

Slicer 2 = if(Table1[Range]<>"3M AVG", Table1[Range], "")

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@pxg08680

It is not possible to use visual level filter to a slicer, instead, you can use page level filter. Or you can directly select the months you need in the slicer.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

Thanks for the reply. Let me give some more info.

I have a column called Period and I am using this in my slicer. My slicer looks like this

a1.PNG

What I need is, I want to pull out the 3M Avg from the slicer and use it as a separate slicer.

My 1st slicer should show me 

--Select a Value

Current

Last 1 Month

Last 3 Month

Last 6 Month

Last 12 Month

and my new slicer should have

3M Avg

@pxg08680 I think you have two options here:

Option 1 ->  Create two new calculated table and use slicer from there.

Option 2 -> Add two new calculated field in your table like below but this will give one blank row for each slicer

Slicer 1 = if(Table1[Range]="3M AVG", Table1[Range], "")

Slicer 2 = if(Table1[Range]<>"3M AVG", Table1[Range], "")

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k

I think creating a new table is better rather than having blank selection.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.