Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

carlol
Helper IV
Helper IV

Slicer Selection , define specific value selected

Hi 

I have a Slicer called Month , Jan to Dec values 

Sections of my dash board I only want to illustrate the month based on the Slicer selction and exclude Dec; this is working, (filter: Month not in Dec) -- this is a single months data (Based on Silcer selection)

Other sections , Charts , I want to illustrate Dec regardless of Slicer selection inaddition to the Silcers selection 

Chart will illustrate Dec and Jan (if Jan selected) -- this is a single months data (Based on Silcer selection) in addtion to Dec 

At the moment to get the result I need , the user has to Multi select the month i.e. Jan and December using CTRL key

Ideally if the user could just do a single select on the Month they wish to illustrate and Dec is also shown in selected charts 

So far I do not think this is possible?

Slicer: Always have one Value selected regardless of addtional selections 

Chart: Always illustrate Data of a specific month , regardless of Slicer Month Selection 

2 REPLIES 2
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

It is possible, but you'll need to create a measure that displays only the DEC values. When you add the value column (where your slices will work it's magic) and the december measure, your users wouldn't need to select the DEC seperately. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I have the two measures 

Measure % -- Returns % based on Slicer Selection 

% = Round(Divide(SUM('IHFD vwKPI'[Numerator]),SUM('IHFD vwKPI'[Denominator])),2)

Measure %Dec -- Returns % based on Month = Dec

%Dec= CALCULATE(Divide(SUM('IHFD vwKPI'[Numerator]),SUM('IHFD vwKPI'[Denominator])),FILTER(ALL('IHFD vwKPI'[Month]),'IHFD vwKPI'[Month]="Dec"
))

Issue: I want to display this in a bar chart but only one measure is allowed to be defined as the value

Trying to figure out how to group these into one Measure 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.