Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thakks
Helper I
Helper I

Slicer Relationship with snowflake Dimesnion

I have this measure named Sales Order, Purchase Order and Snowflake Dimension named Product and Category. I have slicer on Category ID on the report.  Now on the report, when i slice by CategoryID, I want for Sales Order that Product join to Category normally on Category ID  BUT for Purchase Order it join on Category through LegacyCategoryID! So we only have one slicer for Category on the report.

I am struggling how to achieve this. I am just mocking up the scenario to make it simple but the real reason we need this working is because we have around 10 data set, of which half are joined to this dependent category table differently and we really do not want two slicer on the report.

Thanks

Measure - Sales Order

SalesOrderID, ProductID, Amount

Measure - Purchase Order

PurchaseOrderID, ProductID, Amount

Dimension - Product

ProductID, CategoryID, LegacyCategoryID

Snowflake - Category

CategoryID, Category Description

Slicer CategoryID

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Use CALCULATE and USERELATIONSHIP. If you want more specificity...Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
thakks
Helper I
Helper I

Based on @Greg_Deckler suggestion, i got this working by 

First having one active relationship (Product.CategoryID=Category.CategoryID) and other inactive relationship (Product.LegacyCategoryID=Category.CategoryID)

I then created new measure on PurchaseOrder as 

Calculate(sum(PurchaseOrder[Amount]),ALLSELECTED('Product'), USERELATIONSHIP(Product.[LegacyCategoryID]=Category.[CategoryID])

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Use CALCULATE and USERELATIONSHIP. If you want more specificity...Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.