Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ineedhelp2023
Employee
Employee

Slicer Question

Hello,

Currently I am building out a slicer panel. For one slicer, I am filtering by product. Each row can have multiple products. Because of this, when I filter by Power BI in the product slicer, i would I need to click 5-10 boxes in the slicer to capture everything that involves that product.

Is there a dax expression or something I can do so when I filter by a product, ex: Power BI, it spits out one result but captures all the product?

I just need a light nudge in the right direction 🙂 

Ex:    3.23.png

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Ineedhelp2023
Employee
Employee

Hey @johnt75, thanks for your reponse! Sorry if I wasn't clear. If I typed in "Power Bi" I would want only to have click one button from slicer drop down instead of 5-10 I would have to click if that makes sense. Reference: the photo above. Please lmk if you need more info.

Do you mean you are doing a text search on only 1 column and you want to select all matching items? If so I don't know of a way to do that but you could have a look through the custom visuals.

johnt75
Super User
Super User

You could add both fields to the same slicer so that users could either pick the product or the individual rows

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.