Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer Panel and Bookmarks - Multiple Tabs

I have slicers that are synced across multiple tabs, where a different report is represented on each tab.  Right now I have a single "Parameter Page" where all of the slicers are housed, and I am moving this to a slicer panel.  This slicer has simple things like Account Number, Start Date, and End Date.  I have moved all of these into a slicer panel, but where I'm stuck is how to duplicate this across all tabs.  I'd like the slicer panel to be available to the end user on each tab.  I have the slicers showing on each page, but my bookmark actions (to show and hide the slicer panel) are not working across the different tabs.  For example, if I'm on the third tab and I click on the action to hide the slicer panel, it takes me back to the first tab (where the original bookmark was created).  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Anonymous,

Yes, it should be trouble if you need to apply these on multiple report pages. Perhaps you can submit an idea to add support to create the navigation bookmarks/panel to reduce the complex operation steps.

Power BI Ideas

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nielf
Helper I
Helper I

@Anonymous did you come up with a solution for this other than having to create two new bookmarks for each page in the report?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on what I found, I had to duplicate the slider across each of the tabs, and then set up two new bookmarks on each tab (one to show the slicer panel and one to hide it).

HI @Anonymous,

Yes, it should be trouble if you need to apply these on multiple report pages. Perhaps you can submit an idea to add support to create the navigation bookmarks/panel to reduce the complex operation steps.

Power BI Ideas

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Did you mean the create a pane of 'global navigation' to navigate to different report pages?
If that is the case, you can create buttons and setting their actions or direct pages and add them to a group, then copy this to each page. (notice: do some custom to highlight located button)

For the show and hide navigation pane, you only need to duplicate the current bookmark and create a button as panel status to switch between different statuses.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

daxer-almighty
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You should check this out: https://youtu.be/xCMqWEvSkAs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.