cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: Slicer MTD, QTD, YTD to filter dates using the slicer.

You are welcome! @Anonymous

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply @amitchandak :

That's what I want to do, but power bi doesn´t accept it, It won't let me put the column (the highlighted columns in the image)

image.png

For power bi that construction is wrong:

this is what I get:

image.png

doesn't recognice the column name

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@dobregon This is exactly I'm looking for in my report. I have the same scenerio of changing Axis (Week,Month,Quarter) and restricting according to Time period selection.

However I do not get you when you say Created measure Filter for Yes/No when date is in the Time Period Range. Can you share some more details how you did it ?

regards,

Har**bleep**

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @bhurru  2 years after is difficult to remember, but i will try.

1. first you need to have the measure switch that you can see in the post, in order to have the correct values when you select YTD;QTD;MTD in the slicer.

2. Filter timeseries: Maybe you have a chart with days or timestamp and if you select QTD you want to filter the days properly. To do that, you can create 3 little measures (YTD,QTD,MTD days) that calcualte YES/NOT if the day is YTD;QTD;MTD so you will have 3:

- YTD days: Will put yes in the days YTD
- QTD Days: will put yes only in the QTD days and NOT in rest

- MTD Days: bla bla bla

Then you need to create another measure swicht that when you select QTD take the QTD days (for example). Put this measure as a visual filter in your chart visual and prefilter by YES. with this when you click on QTD in the slicer you will see only the dates of QTD, etc etc etc

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@dobregon Thanks for the Try.

However I didn't get point  and 3. I'm done with Point 1 creating calc measures.

Can you please once explain these points once again ? Below is what I had done

I have created 4 columns in my calender tables IsRolling8Weeks,IsRolling26Weeks, IsRolling2Quarter etc... with values Yes or No based on Relative Weeks number and Quarter number I have calculated. 

Eg. Rolling8Weeks : where Relative Week between 0 and -7 and so on for others ... (Relative Week is 0 for Max week and keep decreasing for previous weeks till start date of Calender)

Also I have to apply this slicer change in all visuals and all pages.

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@bhurru  1. You need to create all the measures for your calculations of time (i imagen one for each column that you have created). the measures filtering the "yes" 2. Create a table with the "options" of time intelligence that you want to filter. i imagen that it should be the same 4 options that you have created in columns, but only one column with the 4 options as rows 3. put this as a filter slicer or in the filter pane 4. Create the general measure "hasonfilter" that depends of the options that you select in the point 3 you select the measure.

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors