Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer Issues-acting weird

Hello,

I'm having a slicer issue when trying to select all. Here's the issue...

I have a sicer with part numbers, this slicer filters down a table that will show the sales history of that part. This part could be made and sold from multiple facilities (this is why you see multiple entires in the table). Now, when I do choose select all from the slicer it doesn't filter down my table but, if I go through and select every single one individually(multi-select) it will then filter the table.

Relationships in the model are Parts Table [Part number] to Sales table [Part number]. I have included some pcitures. I don't think this is a relationship problem. But there are some part numbers which do not have a sale yet-could that be the issues? But why would it still work when using multi-select.FInal 1.pngfinal 2.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry to disturb you...

But did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Stephen Tao

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you mean that the selection results of Select all have errors, or do you mean that Select all has no effect?

If the selection results of Select all have errors, please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file from your Onedrive for Business.

If the selection results of Select all has no effect, in other words,selecting all or selecting nothing provides the same result.

By default, selecting all and selecting nothing return the same result that show all records in a visual. If you want the visual to show nothing, maching with no slicer selection, you could use a ISFILTERED function inside your measure.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

NamishB
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Anonymous - Can you share your data Model diagram.

One way to try is- Create a new table which only have your part Numbers and (Remove duplicates in this table) 

Join this new table with your actual table on 1 to Many relationship. (Cross filter direction> Parts table filters main dable data). screenshot below:

NamishB_0-1605210750592.png

In slicer> Use this new Table as your filter and this should filter our and add values as you expecting.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

-Namish B

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.