Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer Issue

Simple report with two pages.  Page one has two vizualizations and second only one.  Slicer on page one only effects firts vizualisation on page one, despite ticking boxes on View>Sync Slicers - any help appreciated - going round in circles!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have solved it by linking the data tables through Manage Relationships - thanks for your help!  Much appreciated.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

If the slicer on page 1 isnt affecting a visual on page 1 it sounds like some changes has been done to the edit interaction section. Could you please provide a picture of the edit interactions menu's open?

Connect on LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I find the edit interactions - that is a new one on me??

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Highlight the slicer. A format tap should appear in the top menu.image.pngSelected visual should filter this visualSelected visual should filter this visual

Selected visual should not filter this visualSelected visual should not filter this visual

Connect on LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

The filters are showing correctly I think?The filters are showing correctly I think?

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Is it the same axis dimension on both visuals?

Connect on LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the bottom one shows the full date range, the top one here shows that the slicer is working on it alone.

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

I mean, is the axis-dimension on both linecharts populated with the same data?

You have 3 visuals that are using date-dimensions:
Line chart (Working)
Line chart (Not working)

Slicer

Which columns are you currently using in your 3 visuals?

Connect on LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have solved it by linking the data tables through Manage Relationships - thanks for your help!  Much appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.