Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jayanthan
Helper III
Helper III

Slicer Issue

Hi there

My transaction table has Rate, Product and District. Product names and district names are in the different master tables. 

When I filter for a product, the district filter shows blank. However, the table shows filtered data with districts. Please advise

*Note - Relationships are created between master and transactions using product id and district id

* I cannot recreate the issues in the sample data

Table.png

Regards

Jayanthan

7 REPLIES 7
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @jayanthan, could you provide a screenshot of the model view of your model?

Hi @sturlaws 

Thank you for the prompt reply. As requested,  please find attached Screenshot of the model

Order fil is  transaction table, others are master tables

table2.pngRegards

Jayanthan

The relationships of your model looks ok. What happens if you look at all products, but filter for a certain district?

Hi @sturlaws 

"What happens if you look at all products, but filter for a certain district?", this scenario works well 

Also, I can filter the district and select products. table3.png

Regards

Jayanthan

Ok. The empty filter for district, does it happen for "every" product?

yes, it happens for every product

Not obvious whats going wrong, and difficult to troubleshoot without knowing the data. Here are some strategies:

-Verify that the tables are connected by the appropriate fields

-Inspect the fields connecting the tables, and look for values that occur in the connecting field of the fact table, but not in the connecting field of the dimension

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.