Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Harsh_samani
Frequent Visitor

Slicer Issue

Hello Team,

I have two slicers in my report, for example, "Organizations"(1st slicer) and "Project Name"(2nd slicer). There are 3 options in the Organizations; when I select an option from the 1st slicer and move on to select the option from the 2nd slicer, the other two options from the 1st slicer disappear. I want them to stay. 

Can someone please help me with that?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Change the interactions such that Slicer 1 cross-filters Slicer 2 but Slicer 2 does not cross-filter Slicer 1.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jaideepnema
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Harsh_samani ,
Have you tried after removing the visual interactions between these slicers ?

If Yes ,then can you please let us know if these slicers are from the same table or different ?

Please accept this as a solution if your question has been answered !!

Appreciate a Kudos 😀

Hi @jaideepnema 

What do you mean by removing the visual interactions between these slicers?

Both the slicers are coming from the same table. 

@Harsh_samani ,
Visuals in Power BI Interact with each other and since you are selecting one field from one of the slicer its interacting/filtering the other slicer. If you dont want the slicers to interact in this way you have to explicitly remove the interaction between the two slicers.

Check if the following article for your reference:

Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Please accept this as a solution if your question has been answered !!

Appreciate a Kudos 😀

@jaideepnema 

I want it interactive; for example, if I select Org 1 from the 1st slicer, the other slicer gets filtered, but options from the 1st slicer (Org 2 and Org 3) disappear when I select an option from the 2nd slicer. 

I want Org 2, and Org 3 needs to be visible. 

Change the interactions such that Slicer 1 cross-filters Slicer 2 but Slicer 2 does not cross-filter Slicer 1.

@AlexisOlson 

Thank you so much for your help; it worked for me. 

@Harsh_samani 

I am not very clear .....is it possible for you to share a sample file with sensitive data removed for a better understanding ?

Regards,

Jaideep 

@jaideepnema 

Sure 

Harsh_samani_1-1632933451150.png

When I select any project from the project list the other two organization goes away, kindly please have a look at the below screenshot. I want them to stay. 

Harsh_samani_2-1632933548464.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.