Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer Help

I have this table:

1.PNG

As you can see an account will have 2 managers. They typically will be the same person if there are 2 assigned to a company, however there are instances where they are mix and matched or there's just one manager. What I'm trying to figure out is a way to build a slicer that when selecting a person's name, any account with their name on it is returned, whether they are the Flex manager, Cobra manager, or both. Is this possible? I do not want 2 slicers for each person because it splits the data out when I'm just looking for overall stats by a person's name.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Create an extra table to list all available slicer selections. Here I renamed the column with [Items]. Later, you need to add [Items] into slicer.

slicer selection =
UNION (
    VALUES ( 'sample data'[COBRA AM] ),
    EXCEPT ( VALUES ( 'sample data'[Flex AM] ), VALUES ( 'sample data'[COBRA AM] ) )
)

Then, create a measure.

flag =
IF (
    (
        IF (
            SELECTEDVALUE ( 'sample data'[Flex AM] )
                = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'slicer selection'[Items] ),
        )
            || IF (
                SELECTEDVALUE ( 'sample data'[COBRA AM] )
                    = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'slicer selection'[Items] ),
            )
    )
        = TRUE (),
)

Add [flag] to visual level filters.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Thank you @v-yulgu-msft. This works perfectly except for one thing. So I keep a table of the active clients and I keep a count on the side:

1.PNG

As you can see its 2157. When I apply the flag, the number goes down to 1957:

1.PNG

When I flip it to 0 to see why this is happening, it gives me the 200 accounts that are missing. The only pattern I can see is that they are all accounts with 2 people that are the same person:

1.PNG

Do you know how I can fix it from here?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.