Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer For Two Different Date Columns

Hey, there I am looking to create a sing slicer that will slice two different date columns. I have data on jobs that come in which have a created date and a resolved date which are the main dates of interest. The resolved date is only populated when the task gets resolved.

Lowea_0-1593058113567.png

I have created a dashboard that has multiple different graphs that each use the resolved or created date separately and would like to be able to select a single date e.g. the Month of January 2020 and filter the page to show this data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , you need to join the tables with same date table. One join will be inactive. You can use userelation to activate the join.

refer to my blog on similar topic : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend/ba-p/882970

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , you need to join the tables with same date table. One join will be inactive. You can use userelation to activate the join.

refer to my blog on similar topic : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend/ba-p/882970

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks for the quick reply. I tried that and it messes up the dashboard.

I created a date table using the following code 

Date = CALENDAR(MIN(JIRA_ISSUES_REPORTING_CA[Created Date]), TODAY())

And inputted the relationships like so 

Capture.PNG

However it messes with the dashboard and breaks a lot of it. Is there any other alternatives or ways around this? It breaks the dashboard even when they are both inactive.

Hi , @Anonymous 

Once you create an inactive relationship, it means that when you want to use the inactive relationship to filter  any field in the visualization, you need to create a new measure to replace it (see measue "End date2" in pbix file) .

Here is a sample file.

Pbix attached

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.