Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer Filters Connect to Each Other

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way to connect slicer filters.

I have two slicer filters right now, one for current week, and one for previous week.

Capture.PNG

In these slicers I also built in a selection that says "Today's week" and "Last week"

Capture.PNG

I was wondering if there was any way to connect these slicers so that if I clicked "Today's Week" in the Current Week slicer, the Previous Week slicer will automatically go to "Last Week"
Or if i click "12/31" in  the Current Week slicer, the Previous Week slicer will automatically go to "12/24"

Thank you!
Sarah

6 REPLIES 6
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

"I was wondering if there was any way to connect these slicers so that if I clicked "Today's Week" in the Current Week slicer, the Previous Week slicer will automatically go to "Last Week""

As tested, if the filtered slicer is list type, then your problem can be realized.

I made a table and two slicers:

l3.PNG

l4.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this only work for Todays Week and Previous Week?

Is this possible for all weeks?

Thank you!
Sarah

Hi @Anonymous ,

As tested, it works for all weeks.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-lionel-msft Also, when clicking the other dates, it only shows the data that is shown in the above screenshot... it does not update when clicking different dates..

Thank you!
Sarah

Anonymous
Not applicable

capture.PNG

hi @v-lionel-msft  , When using this method, even though I select "Last Week", it displays "Today's Week"'s data... is there any way to fix this?

Thank you!
Sarah

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

The short answer is probably not. Slicers will filter one another if configured for cross filtering. So, if you had two columns in the same table, one for one slicer and one for another, then if you filtered one slicer, it would automatically filter the other to that single row value. So, you could create 2 tables for your slicers and relate them to one another.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.