Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jayhawk
Advocate I
Advocate I

Slicer Filter

Hi

I am trying to filter Slicer #2 base off Slicer #1.  All info is contain in the same table.  My data contains 4 Areas, which they contain Blocks.  Example....Area 1 has Blocks 1, 2, 3, 4; Area 2 has Blocks 5, 6, 7.  

So when I choose an Area in the Area Slicer, I need the Block Slicer to only show the Blocks that are in that Area.  

I apoloigize if my exact question has been answered.  I have only seen post on trying this where data is in two different tables, which is not what I am trying to do.  

IMG_20200221_173207.jpgIMG_20200221_173226.jpg

Thank you, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @jayhawk,

If the columns are on the same table and the interactions are turn on between both slicers that will be the natural behaviour of your slicers.

Another option that was release this month is to place both columns on the same slicer that will create an hierarch Al slicer and by default you will see within each area the corresponding blocks.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @jayhawk,

If the columns are on the same table and the interactions are turn on between both slicers that will be the natural behaviour of your slicers.

Another option that was release this month is to place both columns on the same slicer that will create an hierarch Al slicer and by default you will see within each area the corresponding blocks.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi @MFelix

Thanks for the help!  So I was being a little goofy.  What I was refering to as my Area Slicer, was in fact a pie chart.  Sorry about that.  However, now I have everything preforming the correct way.  Thanks man. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors