Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GrahamR99
Resolver I
Resolver I

Slicer Filter data from 2 different querys

Hello

I have a Slicer that filters on Product_Name, I have two maps one for sales and another for stock.

The Slicer is part of the sales data query, and it filters the map for the sales, however I have a Product_Name in my stock query, but it is not filtering on the stock map.

How do I get just one slicer to filter both maps?

Regards

GrahamR99

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In Edit Queries, reference the Stock table and remove all columns leaving the Product column. Then remove duplicates from this column and close and apply. In the relationships view the Stock table and sales table should be linked on Product column.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jcarville
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

You need to join the 2 tables. This could be done by creating a unique list of Product_Names and joining on that.

Hello

Can you provide the steps required to do so please?

Regards

GrahamR99

In Edit Queries, reference the Stock table and remove all columns leaving the Product column. Then remove duplicates from this column and close and apply. In the relationships view the Stock table and sales table should be linked on Product column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors