Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

spartan27244
Helper II
Helper II

Slicer Filter Sync not working between pages

I have a Parameters page which contains the Slicers I wish to synch with other pages. I added another page and set the Report Period slicer to sync (Tried not visible and visible) and the values do not sync. I have not added any invisible slicers so if there are any I do not know how to locate them. Changes to the slicer on the parm page does not reflect on the other page. See Pics.Parm Page with Filter.pngPMPMPage Filter Mismatch.png

6 REPLIES 6
ralu_criss

I know this is a bit late, but hopefuly it will help someone, as it took me a while to figure it out as well.

You need to have the filter tuned on on your main filters page (in this case Paramenters) otherwise it won't work

ralu_criss_0-1686300025989.png

spartan27244
Helper II
Helper II

I am still having the same issue, filter sync is clearly not working.

Filter Page "Parameters" clearly show the filters working on the parameters page, and to the right you can see filter synch is turned on (hidden) for the pages "PMPM Breakouts" and "PMPM By AgeBands"

spartan27244_0-1622042288792.png

However when I go to the page "PMPM Breakouts" you can see from the screen shot that the filters selected on the parameters page are NOT applied to this page infact it's unclear where they are coming from. Note the parameters page is the only page with slicers on it that coul be applied anywhere.

spartan27244_1-1622042463327.png

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @spartan27244 ,

The sync slicer will only work if you tick all the pages you want to sync.

1.png

1.png

Reference:Sync and use slicers on other pages

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That is exacly what I did as you can see from my orginal post. When the sync decides to work seems random. one minute its working the next ime it's not. 

spartan27244
Helper II
Helper II

AND now it's not working....

spartan27244
Helper II
Helper II

No idea what's going on here, it suddenly started working. I hope I do not have to do this will everything that sync's across pages.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.