Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hanyuwang
Frequent Visitor

Slicer Drop Down Turns Into List When Published

The Customer Name slicer displays fine in Power BI desktop as a dropdown

hanyuwang_0-1593206550520.png

But when published, it turns into a list. 

hanyuwang_2-1593206726885.png

Any advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kriscoupe
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @hanyuwang,

2 questions/suggestions to look at

1. After publishing have you clicked the refresh button (sometimes the reports are cached in your browser and so don't update to the new report that has been published automatically.

kriscoupe_0-1593213117538.png

2. Do you have any bookmarks set up that effect that slicer? If you have the display/data ticks and you've set up some bookmarks that effect that slicer then it's possible it will try to revert it to the same type you had it set when the bookmark was established.

Let me know if it helps.

Kris

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Someone has been able to see why this error occurs... the same thing happens to me:

1 On desktop it is as a drop-down menu....

PedroO_0-1657646690711.png

2. When initially published it follows as a drop-down menu....

PedroO_1-1657646780390.png

3. But if I navigate to some marker change to list ......

PedroO_2-1657646822331.png

4. To return to remain as a drop-down menu I have to reload the page ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try clicking the "Reset to default" button on the top-right of your dashboard when viewed in the web browser. This did the trick for me 🙂 

Konstantinos

mybarbie9917
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue and tried to clear any bookmarks and to refresh the app, but it still doesn't work. I didn't have this issue before. This is definitely a bug. 

The range slicer looks fine in the PBI Desktop and in the report published to a workspace. 

image.png

But the range slicer suddenly changed to a list in the app. 

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

The accepted solution did not solve my issues with slicers chaning upon publishing either. Even more odd, after chaning the slicer type in service and saving, they still revert back to drop downs... 

kriscoupe
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @hanyuwang,

2 questions/suggestions to look at

1. After publishing have you clicked the refresh button (sometimes the reports are cached in your browser and so don't update to the new report that has been published automatically.

kriscoupe_0-1593213117538.png

2. Do you have any bookmarks set up that effect that slicer? If you have the display/data ticks and you've set up some bookmarks that effect that slicer then it's possible it will try to revert it to the same type you had it set when the bookmark was established.

Let me know if it helps.

Kris

In_du_0-1708944449684.png

Press refresh visuals in the published report

Hello @kriscoupe 

Glad I found this chain as I'm having the same problem, plus a related one. I have 4 drop drop down slicers - one turns into a list when published, in the other the options disappear. The other two are fine. I followed the two recommended steps but it did not fix the issue (I have no bookmarks and have cleared my cache multiple times). I even double checked the configuration and unset/reset as dropdown but that did not fix it.

I appreciate any additional ideas to resolve.

Thanks,

Russ

Thanks Kris. I don't have bookmarks but it may or may not be a caching issue. It was developed with a dropdown list so I'm not sure how it cached with a list. I left it there for a couple hours and it magically worked. 

Regardless, those are great advises. I appreciate it!

Sometimes these things work like that eh?! At least it's all working now!

Good evening!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.