Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

irnm8dn
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Slicer Design/Function Recommendation

I currently am using a slicer to allow users to select a "Budget" and impact the results of the dashboard.

The challenge I am having is that the budget amount is in $1.00 increments, and the amount of options does not allow me to use the ""Search" function in the slicer.

Looking for suggestion show I may be able to make the slicer (or other option) accessible to data entry by the user...or a preferred way of allowing a user to select a "budget amount".

Budget.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks @Vvelarde

This can have some great application but in the case of my dataset where I have the budget listed in increments one dollar, I am only having onve value returned in this solution.

Any other ideas?

@irnm8dn

What's the data type of your "budget" field?

If the budget field is numeric, you should be able to select "Between" instead of "List" in slicer so that you can select a data range.

36.PNG

Regards,

This is an okay option.

To make it slightly more complicated, I am usins the slicer to output results in a tile.  So for the "between function" to work, each of the two fields need to be the same.

See creen capture below.  

Any additional suggestions would be great!

calc.PNG

sokg
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Do you harvest this selection and use it in a calculation????

No, it's a straight list in the table as a column.  If there is a better way of doing it - I am all ears, but will likely need some detailed instruction.

Thanks.

sokg
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

I was thinking that you must use buckets.

Somethink like  1031-1040

1041 -1050

1051-1060

To do this you must create a column BucketsBudget = CEILING(TABLE[Budge],10) where 10 is the range and you can change it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.