Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer - Date and Time (From time A to time B)

Hi,

I'm building a 24 hour report for management, with the sales for the "past 24 hours".

Unfortunatly invoices are billed manually, meaning that the actual "24 hour" period varies greatly, as it will change depending on if the report is influenced by end of month biling, holidays, weekends etc...

Essentially I have sales data in a seperate table with the invoice date and specific invoice time in hh/mm/ss.

For filtering I have a seperate Date and Time tables as I understand this is recommended, since a combined table would be very big - slow model

However, what I essentially want is a normal date slicer, just with the added aspect of being able to also set the specific time, i.e. a slicer that lets me input something similar to: 01-10-2017 08:30:00 to 02-10-2017 08:29:59

Is this possible, and how would I come around to achive that functionality?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made a work-around including using two seperate tables that function as my input variables for cut-off time points.

Seperate post her:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/power-bi-designer/message-id/120268

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my initial investigation into the problem, it seems that PBI slicers are not currently able to handle time as input.

Would it then be best to somehow include my filtering in the measures instead?

Hi @Anonymous,

You're right. Power BI slicer are not handle time as input. Please review this feature request and vote it. 

For another, you can create two measures to get TimeA and TimeB using the formulas.

TimeA = DATE(2017,1,10)+TIME(08,30,0)
TimeB = DATE(2017,2,10)+TIME(08,29,59)

Then you can filter your table using similar formula below.

New=Filter(Table,Table[Date]>=TimeA&&Table[Date]<=TimeB)

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

I made a work-around including using two seperate tables that function as my input variables for cut-off time points.

Seperate post her:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/power-bi-designer/message-id/120268

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.