cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HwAmy Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Slicer Date Value Cut Off

The date range fields in the Date Slicer are not wide enough to display a full mm/dd/yyyy date. It cuts off the first digit of the month or the last digit of the year (i.e. 11/27/2015 has the "5" cut off).

In the Slicer Formatting options available in Power BI, there are currently no available options to increase the size of the date input boxes. I tried increasing the size of the Slicer box and decreasing the text size, which did not affect the input box size. The cutoffs still occurred. 

6 REPLIES 6
HwAmy Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Slicer Date Value Cut Off

Data picker issue.png

Here is a screenshot of the cut off.

v-ljerr-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @HwAmy,

What version of Power BI Desktop are you using?

I just tested it with the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.50.4859.502 64-bit (September 2017)). And the date range slicer works fine for me without this issue. Smiley Happy

issue1.PNG

Regards

faerewatson Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@v-ljerr-msft - I am running the same version of Power BI Desktop as you, and I am seeing the same issue as @HwAmy , no matter how small the font size or how wide the object. Thoughts?

Capture.PNG

HwAmy Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

Thanks for the feedback.  I am on the same version of Power BI as you.  What I'm noticing is that leaving the font to the default "Segoe UI" will accommodate the full date value.  However, we updated our font to "Verdana" to stay consistent with the rest of our report.  These values are cut off.  Can you confirm your font type and if you experience the issue using Verdana font?  Thank you.

v-ljerr-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @HwAmy,

Yes, I have reproduced the same issue when I change the font family to Verdana for date inputs. I will report this issue internally, and post back if there is any feed back. Smiley Happy

Regards

KarinJeppsson Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi, any update on this one? Some way to manipulate "date inputs" in json theme? Can only find settings for "items"

BR

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Find out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 98 members 1,545 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: