Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

HwAmy

Slicer Date Value Cut Off

The date range fields in the Date Slicer are not wide enough to display a full mm/dd/yyyy date. It cuts off the first digit of the month or the last digit of the year (i.e. 11/27/2015 has the "5" cut off).

In the Slicer Formatting options available in Power BI, there are currently no available options to increase the size of the date input boxes. I tried increasing the size of the Slicer box and decreasing the text size, which did not affect the input box size. The cutoffs still occurred. 

11 REPLIES 11
Francois83

Hello,

In 2023, I always have this problem. It should not be to hard to fix this problem.

Francois83_0-1677139954887.png

If it can be add to developers log !

Thank you

stacey24
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem. The width of the slicer does not matter. It looks correct when the width is adjusted, but then reverts back to cutting off the date. It looks terrible on reports. Can Power BI development please fix this?

PhillipWeeks
Frequent Visitor

Can no one in BI development fix this??

PhillipWeeks_0-1670009251460.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here. Full mm/dd/yyyy dates fit using Arial font, but not using Arial Black. I'm guessing the size of the value boxes is based on text size only, without allowance for variation in fonts.

This is logged on the Power BI ideas board at https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=5249bea4-443b-4440-9b94-ec8a79d4d88a (subject: "Fix Slicer box size for font family"). 

MonikaC

Hi, any updates on this one as I have the same issue with a published app? Thx M

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @HwAmy,

What version of Power BI Desktop are you using?

I just tested it with the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.50.4859.502 64-bit (September 2017)). And the date range slicer works fine for me without this issue. Smiley Happy

issue1.PNG

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

Thanks for the feedback.  I am on the same version of Power BI as you.  What I'm noticing is that leaving the font to the default "Segoe UI" will accommodate the full date value.  However, we updated our font to "Verdana" to stay consistent with the rest of our report.  These values are cut off.  Can you confirm your font type and if you experience the issue using Verdana font?  Thank you.

Hi @HwAmy,

Yes, I have reproduced the same issue when I change the font family to Verdana for date inputs. I will report this issue internally, and post back if there is any feed back. Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, any update on this one? Some way to manipulate "date inputs" in json theme? Can only find settings for "items"

BR

@v-ljerr-msft - I am running the same version of Power BI Desktop as you, and I am seeing the same issue as @HwAmy , no matter how small the font size or how wide the object. Thoughts?

Capture.PNG

HwAmy

Data picker issue.png

Here is a screenshot of the cut off.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.