Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sarjensystems1
Helper III
Helper III

Slicer Date Format

slicer Capture.PNG

Hii...

I am using slicier visual...

1)i need the date format as 01-Aug-2019 and 31-Aug-2019...but the date format is not changing in the required format even  after changing the date format in the modelling section...

2)How to dynamically select the current month  dates in the above  slicer??

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

1. To address your first question, The Formula you should use for the new column 

2. To address your second question, the Formula is 

2. Selection_Value_Month := MONTH(SELECTEDVALUE(Date[Transaction_Date]))

1. Date_Column:= DATEVALUE(FORMAT(Date[Transaction_Date],"dd-MMM-yyyy"))

hii @Anonymous 

slicer.PNG

while selecting list option and dropdown options in slicer...date format will change from modelling section and as well as from your formula..but while selecting between option the date format is not changing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The Format shown in the "Between" Type is System Generated can cannot be changed.

However, I can suggest a Workaround. If you keep reducing the Height of the Slicer at one point it shows nothing but the Slider. Now You need to Create two measures for First_Date and Last_Date and put them on the top of the Slicer on the left and the Right respectively. Use the Format Function that I have specified to resolve the Date in the Format thats needed.

First_Date:= FIRSTDATE(Date[Date])
Last_Date:= LASTDATE(Date[Date])

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.