Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dennes
Frequent Visitor

Slicer Creation order

Hi,

One table included in a Matrix and I'm creating a slicer on the same report page to filter this table. 

If I create the slicer directly from one field of the same table or even if I create a new table using the expression 

Selector Table = VALUES(Super5[Number])    in both situations I found a very curious result:

If the table is already included in a Matrix, the slicer appears using the format "Between", with a slider and the option to change the slicer format doesn't appear ever (I checked about enabling the header, doesn't work). The 'selection control' configuration also doesn't appear.

However, if I create the slicer first and only later I create the matrix, the option to change the slicer type appears and remains there after the matrix is created.

Why the creation order of the visual is affecting the result in this way?

Thank you!

Dennes
1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Are you sure that if you make the slicer bigger (vertical height) that the option to change the slicer doesn't appear?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.