Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

monkeysocks
Frequent Visitor

Slice multiple fields

Hey,

I am looking for some help on slicing. I have 3 charts on a single page powered by the same table,

Total closed by user (closed_by)

Total assigned to a user (assigned_to) - This excludes closed

Total created by a user (created_by)

The data structure is the same for all 3 fields, what is the best way to go about creating only 1 slicer to slice all 3 charts without compromising the data in each of the charts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@monkeysocks , what I got from that. You need to have a user table and join to these three user columns(1 Active, 2 Inactive). And then use userelation choose which join will work

refer this : https://radacad.com/userelationship-or-role-playing-dimension-dealing-with-inactive-relationships-in...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@monkeysocks , Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

RecordIDDate_CreatedCreated_ByDate_ClosedClosed_ByAssigned_To
101/09/2020User 1  User 1
201/09/2020User 101/09/2020User 1User 1
301/09/2020User 102/09/2020User 2User 2
402/09/2020User 102/09/2020User 2User 2
502/09/2020User 102/09/2020User 3User 3

E.g

01/09/2020 User 1 Created = 3
01/09/2020 User 1 Closed = 1
01/09/2020 User 1 Assigned = 2

@monkeysocks , Please find the attached file after signature

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@monkeysocks 

Question need to be rephrased. Once you create slicer in a page that will impact all the charts by default.

What is the required outcome. any snap shot is better to understand

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Apologies, the desired outcome is to be able to select a user and it filters all 3 charts individually on that user (Total by day)

Chart 1 will filter all records closed by that user

Chart 2 will filter all records that are assigned to that user (that are not closed)

Chart 3 will filter all records created by that user

The issue I have is that, the created_by, closed_by & assigned_to user fields could be different on any one record. e.g created by user 1 & closed by user 2. The charts should show all records that meet the individual criteria and should not be further filtered by the other fields values i.e Even though User 1 did not create the record, it should still count in their daily closed total if they closed it but not in their daily created total.

Does that make any more sense? 

@monkeysocks , what I got from that. You need to have a user table and join to these three user columns(1 Active, 2 Inactive). And then use userelation choose which join will work

refer this : https://radacad.com/userelationship-or-role-playing-dimension-dealing-with-inactive-relationships-in...

This worked perfectly, all functioned as expected, thank you very much for your help!

@monkeysocks 

One Slicer cannot handle multiple logics.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors