Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Skills map - if I select 2 skills the user does not appear

Hello
I'm a beginner, don't be too hard.

I am in the process of creating a competency map that will map the location of employees in relation to their skills.

ALP_0-1595201143028.png

In the report, a tile corresponds to a category of skills.

The objective is to select the skills or skills that interest us and this will show us the employees involved.

If I ask to display employees who have the A+B skills in the same category then nothing will appear...!

ALP_1-1595201636271.png

In this example, I select 2 skills that interest me. I know that my colleague Maud ticked off these two skills. it does not appear in the results

I appear in the result because I checked only the 1st skill in the form

Here's her answer in the sharepoint list

ALP_2-1595201776001.png

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you so much for your help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for that we do not have enough information to reproduce your issue.

Do you use the SELECTEDVALUE function? If yes, it doesn’t support selecting multiple values.

Maybe you can refer the following measure.

Skill1.jpg

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please provide a mockup sample based on fake data or describe the fields of each tables and the relations between tables simply?

It will be helpful if you can show us the exact expected result based on the tables.

Please upload your files to OneDrive For Business and share the link here. Please don't contain any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Anonymous ,

The Empty is because the two columns have mismatched rows.

Like your screenshot, you need to split the column. Your Split is missing some settings, you can refer the following split steps.

We create a sample, the column like this.

The contents of some cells are separated by commas.

Skill1.jpg

And we select Split Column -> by Delimiter. Open the advanced options, and split into Rows.

skill2.jpg

skill3.jpg

Then we just have one column. Now you can create the relationship using this column.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello
I think I'm almost there.

I split the column using the delimiter.

ALP_0-1595262689045.png

Now i have

ALP_1-1595262863549.png

But now, how i can select these table. I try with ctrl but it didn't work

ALP_2-1595262996262.png

Please could you help me a last time i hope ?

Cheers

Hi @Anonymous ,

The Empty is because the two columns have mismatched rows.

Like your screenshot, you need to split the column. Your Split is missing some settings, you can refer the following split steps.

We create a sample, the column like this.

The contents of some cells are separated by commas.

Skill1.jpg

And we select Split Column -> by Delimiter. Open the advanced options, and split into Rows.

skill2.jpg

skill3.jpg

Then we just have one column. Now you can create the relationship using this column.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I applied this same solution last night around 2:00 in the morning.
It works perfectly.

You guys are great. Thank you very much for taking the time to help a novice like me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @amitchandak and @v-zhenbw-msft 

Thank you for your help.
I don't know if it's going to work... I export you the pbit. Tell me if it works.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoEBGFd4Hq6Iw-x4vr-dQQh7745voQ?e=6Fek9h

Hi @Anonymous ,

We checked your file, there is no Measure in it.

But we cannot see the data, because we don’t have the permission.

skill2.jpg

We think you can refer the following ways to check your data.

1. Make relationships active.

Skill3.jpg

2. Check whether the data of each set of relationships corresponds. We notice there is blank in your slicer in your screenshots.

Check the field you selected in Expérience du digital en formation table exists in the Formulaire Digital Formateurs table.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for thge delay.

I was in a long meeting.

I created a video to show you what's going on.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoEBGFd4Hq6Iw-x9OzaQQvFmRpizYQ?e=UVNxEw

I did not find an empty line in the indicated table.

Is there a way to give you access to the report and its content. Will a PowerBI service publication allow you to access the data?

v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for that we do not have enough information to reproduce your issue.

Do you use the SELECTEDVALUE function? If yes, it doesn’t support selecting multiple values.

Maybe you can refer the following measure.

Skill1.jpg

If it doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please provide a mockup sample based on fake data or describe the fields of each tables and the relations between tables simply?

It will be helpful if you can show us the exact expected result based on the tables.

Please upload your files to OneDrive For Business and share the link here. Please don't contain any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

Best regards,

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , how the skills are stores in the table and from where are you selecting it in slicer is important.

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.