Resolver III

Re: Size limit of a file .pbx

Try Sharepoint or OneDrive It may work

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @cutestjigs,

How many rows do you have in your dataset ? Have your tried to change your model to a dimensional one ?

I had a problem like this, I solved it normalizing the fact table. 

Thanks,

Ricardo

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi

We have 20 million rows of phone data and using DAX Studio I can see that the DateTime fields are the main issue but we need to be able to display the Call Date.
Yes I could go down to seconds in the dimension and that might solve the issue - I may try that!

The model is already dimensional but I guess it's just the amount and type of data that we have.

We can't afford Power BI Pro but limiting the service to 1 GB seems slightly restrictive for some users unfortunately.

Anyway, it's a great product so I can't complain too much.

Thanks

Mattie

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi

Actually I haven't gone down to seconds in my Time Dimension so yes that may solve my issue!
Although I would prefer the service was increased to 2 GIG.

Thanks

Mattie

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Xhead

I have a similar issue where I have been working with a data model that was 500gb in size. In other models I have gotten to 1.2gb but not as many queries. One thing I did was create a “star” table by merging two fact tables together and filtering it down by using query dependent parameters. Then I built the data model around that. By doing this, I was able to reduce the size down from 500gb to 120gb. Might help for you.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'M TRYING TO RESIZE MY PBX FILES TO <1GB

CAN I DAISY CHAIN ONE FILE TO THE NEXT?

LOOKING FORWARD TO 2.0

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @MattieG72MP ,

I fear the same thing happening to me.

Since you mentioned,I wanted to know the following:
1. The 1 GB limit applies only to the dataset or (dataset+PBI visuals) combined?

2. Typically what are the data dimensions (in terms of rows/columns/data type) at which we start to hit limits?

It would be of great help to me.

Thank you,

Vishesh Jain

Helpful resources

Announcements

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors